Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Xerox Project







This project was a creative interpretation of the human body in an unexpected form. I used my dad's printer to make copies of my body parts, including my face, my hair, my arms and legs, my feet and hands, and my stomach. I then spent hours meticulously cutting my body parts out, and then brainstormed how to display them.
I have always had a love of music, and I wanted to integrate the copies of my body with something that relates to music. My favorite instrument is the piano, but I realized it would difficult to find a piano that I would be allowed to turn into a work of art. Instead, I borrowed one of my dad's many acoustic guitars because it was convenient and accessible. I did not plan any of the arrangements of my body cut-outs on the guitar, it just flowed. I taped pieces down in a way that was visually appealing, and covered the entire guitar. It ended up almost representing the human body with the face at the top, the arms and hands near the middle and on the neck, the stomach in the middle of the front, and the feet and legs near the bottom. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment