Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stop Motion

          I think the Stop Motion videos are amazing. It's mind-blowing how still images can be combined to create multimedia that seems alive. Also the amount of time and effort that must go into these projects is extremely impressive, and I can't wait to create a flip book animation of my own.
          My favorite video from the Stop Motion 1 blog was Scintillation, by Xavier Chassaing. I can't figure out exactly what objects he used or what special effects he incorporated to get that liquify, glittering substance that flowed over every surface. No matter what techniques he used to achieve that magical effect, it still intrigued me. 
          The music was enchanting and reminded me of wind chimes, and it made me feel relaxed and peaceful. Then the shimmering colors of the glitter popped against the dark shadows, and the smoothness of the glitter slithering around mesmerized me. Overall I thought it was beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment